A Scaffolding Accident Lawyer Can Help
Gridley, Ward & Hamilton, we have acted as a scaffolding accident lawyer in Ogden, UT for many victims and their loved ones. If you suffer an injury relating to a scaffolding accident, you don't have to go through this difficult time alone.
Our attorneys can handle all aspects of your case so that you can focus on taking the time you need to recover. Scaffolding used on work sites are often several stories high. Falls from those heights can lead to serious, life-threatening injuries.
Causes of Scaffolding Falls
Scaffolding accidents are a type of construction accident that is not limited to situations where someone falls off the scaffolding. These incidents can also happen if the scaffolding breaks and collapses or leads to the injury of a pedestrian. Some of the more common causes of these serious accidents include:
- Unsecured ladders
- Lack of safety equipment
- Tripping over tools left on walkways
- Falling tools or debris
- Improperly trained workers
- Defective safety equipment
- Defective or improperly installed scaffolding parts
Injuries Resulting From These Falls
Scaffolding used on work sites is
often several stories high. Incidents involving these heights can lead to serious, life-threatening personal injuries, including:
- Head and brain injuries which can cause speech, hearing, and vision impairments among other serious complications
- Spinal cord damage which can cause paralysis
- Multiple broken bones which may require multiple surgeries and extensive physical therapy
Workers who survive these falls have a significant risk of sustaining injuries that can cause permanent disability. In some cases, injuries
can prove too severe and lead to the wrongful death of victims.
At Your Injury Attorneys Are Gridley, Ward & Hamilton, we can launch a full investigation to determine the cause of the accident as well as the responsible party. The evidence we gather can strengthen your case against the negligent party.
Liability in Scaffolding Fall Cases
Determining the cause of the accident will shed light on who should be held responsible for the victim’s injuries. Potentially liable parties may include the work site manager for failing to properly train workers or ensure a safe working environment. Property owners could also be held liable. If the scaffolding collapsed due to a defect, the scaffolding company or manufacturer can be held responsible.
Expert Legal Counsel Is Essential
Securing experienced legal representation is critical when pursuing any type of personal injury case. At Your Injury Attorneys Are Gridley, Ward & Hamilton, we can launch a full investigation to determine the cause of the accident as well as the responsible party.
The evidence we gather can strengthen your case against the negligent party. Our attorneys work tirelessly for you to seek compensation for:
- Medical bills, including those for ongoing treatments such as rehabilitation
- Lost wages due to time missed from work as well as loss of income if the victim is unable to return to work permanently
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life, especially in cases of permanent disability
- Loss of consortium for loved ones when permanent disabilities occur
Protect Your Future
Scaffolding accidents can lead to serious injuries that have lasting effects on victims and their loved ones. If you or someone you love was injured in one of these incidents, we can help. Contact our law firm online or call 801-621-3317 to schedule a FREE consultation.