Knowledgeable Motor Accident Attorneys
The motor vehicle accident attorneys at Gridley, Ward & Hamilton in Ogden, UT are well-versed in the complex area of motor vehicle accident laws. We can handle the investigation of your case and the pursuit of compensation while you tend to your recovery and personal needs. If you have suffered an injury in a motor vehicle accident, contact our law firm today at 801-621-3317 to schedule your FREE consultation.
Stephanie's Auto Accident
Our auto accident attorneys provided compassionate and objective counsel to Stephanie when she and her children were in an auto accident. The attorneys helped her collect compensation for her injuries and to avoid what could have been an incredible financial hardship. Our attorneys fight aggressively and are not afraid to take on big insurance companies in order to protect your rights.
About Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents may involve two or more cars, large commercial trucks or motorcycles. It's almost always because of negligence on the part of one or more of the drivers involved. A driver may be found at fault for the accident if he or she:
- Disregards traffic signs or signals
- Fails to use a turn signal
- Speeds or drives too slow
- Disregards the weather or road and traffic conditions
- Drives under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Improperly or excessively changes lanes or fails to look before changing lanes
- Drives on the shoulder, median or emergency lane to pass
- Is distracted while driving, most commonly using a cell phone
Motor vehicle accidents can range from minor fender benders with few injuries to serious collisions with severe injuries. In many cases, it can be difficult to find and prove which driver is at fault, making it even more essential to work with an experienced attorney.
After a Motor Vehicle Accident
To help find and prove that the other driver was at fault and to ensure you receive the maximum amount of compensation, it's important to follow certain steps. At the scene of the accident (if you are able), you should:
- Collect the names, addresses and phone numbers of each driver involved in the accident
- Collect the names, addresses and phone numbers of the passengers in each vehicle (if any), as well as any additional witnesses to the accident
- Collect the policy numbers and insurance company names for all other drivers involved
- Note any injuries to yourself or someone else
- Document any damage to all vehicles involved
- Collect the names of the police officers or highway patrol officers who responded to the accident
- Document the name of any driver that claimed responsibility for the accident
Our motor vehicle accident attorneys will handle every aspect of your case so that you can focus on your much-needed recovery. By taking these steps, you will have provided us with much of the information we need to fully investigate and pursue your case. If you suffered an injury as a result of the accident, we can help you navigate filing insurance claims and getting proper medical treatment.